Have you got what it takes? Read more to see if you are the perfect Vapianisti we are looking for.
Vapiano got its start as a single restaurant in Hamburg in 2002 with an ingenious concept of offering fresh pasta and pizza in a trendy and comfortable atmosphere. Direct communication between Vapianisti and guests, transparency in preparation, and a climate for openness and sharing all worked so well that expansion was a natural consequence, and we are now present on every populated continent on the planet. But if there is one thing we have learned since beginning the journey, it is that each new city, region or country presents its own opportunities and challenges. The key to success lies in the people who lead Vapiano into the new areas. That is why we devote so much attention to attracting and selecting partners whose personal and professional qualities will make sure that the proven concept and system do not get lost in translation.
Rather than looking for pure investment partners, Vapiano places great importance on building partnerships strengthened by the expertise and special knowledge of both franchisor and franchisee:
- Vapiano brings a successful and coherent concept which has already proven itself in numerous markets and which promises great chances for success when implemented systematically;
- The franchisee brings his entrepreneurial skills, his knowledge of the local business and cultural climate, his personal network and contacts, and last but not least his personality, all of which are essential to ensuring success of the franchise in his territory.
This leads to the following personal characteristics which Vapiano looks for in a franchisee:
- strong identification with the Vapiano concept
- visionary and entrepreneurial thinking
- pronounced self-confidence
- positive leadership and motivational skills
- team-oriented attitude
- a hands-on approach and the ability to quickly acquire new knowledge
- the willingness and ability to work as an entrepreneur and at the same time to be part of a larger system
- a well-established network of local partners, authorities and opinion leaders
- keen understanding of the local mentality and culture
- the willingness and ability to build up a successful brand in your market
- a sound background in business development
- operational experience in the catering branch
In addition, a Vapiano partner must be up to the demands for financial performance required by the investment of substantial equity and debt capital in establishing a Vapiano franchise. Our experience shows that setting up the first restaurant will cost about 1.5 to 2 million Euros. This does not include various extra costs, such as company foundation and registration, legal advice, etc. The franchise partner must be able to bear at least 30% of this initial investment, and is responsible for raising the remaining amount on his own.
Vapiano will charge a monthly flexible franchise fee at between 5,5 to 7,5%, depending on variables linked to location and turnover. The franchisee is also required to cover a one-time development fee of 50,000 Euros per restaurant. This fee covers Vapiano’s active participation in setting up the new location, including location selection, coordination of construction and renovations, staff training, etc.
Learn more about Vapiano.
On the following link you can download a PDF of our Vapiano image brochure.